Thrive Coffee’s new Dogwood Dark roast is a bold, flavorful coffee that lends itself to being brewed in multiple delicious ways. If you recently bought a bag of the intense Dogwood Dark beans, here are 3 tasty recipes to brew up cups of coffee that unlock this blend’s full flavor potential:
French Press Dogwood Dark for a Robust Morning Brew
The French press brewing method is perfect for showcasing the rich, multilayered notes in Thrive’s Dogwood Dark roast. The extended steeping time extracts maximum flavor from the beans.
- 2 tbsp coarse ground Dogwood Dark coffee beans
- 6 oz hot water (just off boiling)
- Add the ground beans to your French press. Pour in 6 oz of hot water just off the boil.
- Let steep for 4 full minutes. This allows time for the bean’s oils and flavor compounds to fully infuse the water.
- Press down the plunger to separate the grounds. Pour coffee into your favorite mug.
The result is a full-bodied, intense cup of coffee with strong notes of cherry and chocolate. The French press method provides a robust coffee sipping experience.
Iced Dogwood Dark Cold Brew for Cold Coffee Cravings
Cold brewing Thrive’s Dogwood Dark makes for a refreshing iced coffee option, full of rich flavor. The cold water used extracts a smooth, mellow coffee that’s perfectly chilled.
- 1/4 cup coarse ground Dogwood Dark coffee beans
- 4 cups cool water
- In a 1 quart mason jar, mix together the ground Dogwood Dark beans and cool water. Give it a good stir.
- Refrigerate for 18-24 hours to cold brew.
- Remove the coffee grounds by straining through a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Mix the chilled coffee concentrate with milk, cream, or water. Add ice and enjoy!
The cold brewing process creates a wonderfully smooth Dogwood Dark iced coffee, balanced out by the milk.
Whip Up a Dogwood Dark Mocha for a Chocolate Coffee Treat
For a luxurious dessert-like coffee, turn Thrive’s Dogwood Dark into a comforting mocha drink. The touch of chocolate complements the roast’s natural cocoa notes.
- 1 shot espresso (using Dogwood Dark beans)
- 1 cup steamed milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- Pull a shot of espresso using your favorite method and Dogwood Dark beans. The espresso shot provides an extra caffeine kick.
- Heat up 1 cup of milk, either on the stovetop or using a milk frother.
- Add the chocolate syrup to the hot milk. Stir until fully blended.
- Combine the espresso shot and chocolate milk. Top with whipped cream or chocolate shavings if desired.
The mocha perfectly highlights the chocolate notes in Thrive’s amazing new dark roast blend. Try this for your next coffee treat!
Experiment with different ways of brewing up Thrive Coffee’s robust Dogwood Dark roast. The complex beans lend themselves well to any coffee brewing method and recipe.